Monday, August 27, 2007

Sorry, I'm back.

Apologies for not posting much lately. I was traveling.


I had to visit Milwaukee on a press check for work. My lovely ICE came along and we made a weekend in Chicago out of it. I got back and was so swamped with work, I rarely checked my personal email, let alone visited the net, or my blog.

I'm certain there was tons for me to write about that's gone on lately in the rest of the world, but I really haven't paid that much attention so for the moment- I'll skip that stuff.

In Chicago, we had terrible weather, but we still discovered a few gems. 

They were filming the new Batman movie across the street from our hotel, I saw a Gotham police car- that was kinda cool.

We ate at a cool place called Bin 36 which was really a lot of fun. If you live in the Seattle area, think Purple, but with better service, more wines, a sports bar, and retail store too. If you are from someplace else, then I'll say visit Chi-town and hit Bin 36.

We tried to go to the cool art museum, but it was seriously raining, and we didn't bring rain coats, and there was absolutely no way that we could get from the car to the front door without looking like we just got out of the shower with our clothes on, so we didn't make it. (Good to have a reason to go back)

BTW- if you are over 5 foot 7 and they offer to upgrade your car rental to the convertible PT Cruiser, just say no.

Hmmm, appears that I'm in a rambling mood.

Michael Vick? I'm not really a "pet person" but I was thinking maybe they should just toss him in the ring with the dogs, just once. And I'm glad that I'm not Stephon Marbury's PR guy. Sure he gets prop's for $10 shoes, bet dude... just say no comment.

And just exactly how did they decide on 82 mins? Not 84 or 63, but 82. Did she even have a chance to get into her cell in that amount of time?

Apple is selling refurbished iPhones for $100 less than the others. Over the years I have purchased many refurbished items from Apple. Will this be another?

Gotta run...

Gin Hahn,
T

4 comments:

R & R said...

Some days, I think that you have the life I want. Then, I recall your ex and that whole ordeal and think that I only want elements of that life. Alas, I am jealous.

In regards to Vick, I read an article the other day, which indicated people are sending his jerseys (sp?) in to local animal shelters to be used to clean the kennels. I think that there is something beautifully brilliant about that gesture. :)

T-Dawg said...

Make no mistake- I live a charmed life. Everyone should be jealous. Its just not always easy.

Also, while I'm upset with Michael Vick, I do think that we all deserve a second chance. He should get a chance to move on after he does his punishment. We all gotta pay the piper, but once you do, you should get to move on.

Gin Hahn,
T

R & R said...

I am not as forgiving as you...I don't dig people who are mean to animals. I don't get it. Then again, I don't understand most things. It is great that you give others a second chance though...

A charmed life indeed...:)

T-Dawg said...

I figure that every once in a while I need a second or third chance (usually on a smaller scale) so the least I can do is offer one to someone who asks.

That being said, there are a few who I don't give any more chances too. I'm not perfect.

Gonna have a Gin Hahn,
T