Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Another Rough Week

Hi All,


Its been a long week (or two) since I posted. That's good, right? It means there has been a lot going on.

Lets start with the fun stuff. 

Went with a friend last Monday night to see the reunited Van Halen play Key Arena. They weren't that bad. Eddie proved he's still a Guitar God is you believe in such things, and David Lee Roth has finally wised up and realized that nobody goes to see Dave. Unfortunately they ignore the Sammy Hagar years. And I actually like those best.

In other news, working a lot. Maybe too much. But that's what needs to happen to keep a job in this market. So yes, if you are wondering, I still have one, and should be safe for a while. My team was the only unaffected one that I'm aware of in my division. I of course won't mention my company here, but if you are close, you know, and you know we've been in the news a lot lately. (Wow- too many commas.)

Kids are okay - christmas has me pretty stressed out. I just don't have time or energy to shop. Of course I suppose few do. Anyway I had a few minutes while I'm waiting for some proofs back so I thought I'd give you an update.

Hopefully I'll have some more free time, and something to say soon.

Gin Hahn,
T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I respect your opinion that the Hagar years were the best--I'll agree to disagree.
I had the money, I'd much rather go see the songs of VH that were written/recorded during their youthful peak, with the original singer, playing rock party music hamming it up, than to see the uneven, pseudo-introspective ramblings of a marginal 70's rocker whose career was mercifully saved by a band who couldn't dream of replacing Dave, so instead opted to go in that bland direction. I say they reached the dead end, turned about, briefly detoured again with the decidedly horrible 3rd singer, and by that time they were all sufficiently grown up to return to their gloriously shallow but rock-hard, hedonistic roots. I would go see Dave and Eddie.

T-Dawg said...

Fair Enough.
Its just a bit sad that Dave couldn't/didn't strut around so much anymore - and that he really didn't have much of a voice.

Glad you stopped by- come again-
T

Anonymous said...

Your graciousness as a host gave me pause. Sorry I was so hard on your boy Sammy. Guess I was in a cranky mood.
I can imagine David Lee not really in the best form. He blew it back in the 90's when he got too cocky on the MTV awards--embarrasing the rest of the guys. They could have done a much better reunion back then, but I guess better late than never.
I like your blog--it has much more variety than mine. It's under a pseudonym, and although it didn't start out as such, it's basically a channel for me to vent about my mid-life but schoolboy type crush...don't think anyone but myself would appreciate it--especially my s/o and the crushee :P
Keep on bloggin in the 'free' world,
KJ